Thursday, April 26, 2007

Exhibition No. 7 - John Johnson

It is our pleasure to bring you
the

Arts Exhibition 7



John Johnson has made his living as a commercial artist. You are in for a treat.

The following artwork was created between 1978 to the present. The media used was acrylics, pen and ink, colored pencils and markers.

Some were created during John's time in the Advertising field as an Art Director and then a Creative Director for various agencies.



About the artist

My background is in the design/advertising field. I started as an artist and gradually moved into the Creative Director for an Advertising Agency. During this growing period I self-taught myself the airbrush. This quickly became my medium of choice because it is used in the advertising field; but also because I could create realistic art. Eventually I mixed the airbrush and pen and ink to give my work a "mixed variety".


Of course, my advertising background is evident in some of my work. Personally I really like the "Old People" series of pen and ink. This art was created by stippling. Stippling is created by simply touching the tip of a pen to the surface; creating a dot. All the work in this series are dots. the only solid lines are when the dots came together.


Please enjoy my art and thanks for viewing



For information about or to purchase Johns work


Click here


H. John Johnsen Artworks



The Team

No comments: