Thursday, April 26, 2007

Exhibition No. 5 - Martha Bloom

It is our pleasure to bring you
the

Arts Exhibition 5


Martha Bloom

Martha is a talented artist who uses paints gourds creating fascinating and unique pieces. Her work
can be purchased from her website.
Martha has chosen to bring us some Christmas
spirit with her exhibition.











About the artist
Gourds are most often thought of as being used
for crafts, especially birdhouses, and I agree
that is commonly what they are used for. But
many accomplished artists are enjoying them
for a new way to express their art besides on
a flat canvas.

Plenty of my gourd creations are of the craft
variety but I do try to throw in some with
artwork on occasion. Some of my work could be
considered sculpture because I join gourds
and gourd pieces together. Yes, they are
cutesy, (is that a word?), but nonetheless
are sculpture.

Everything I’ve learned has been self taught
from books and magazines, tips from other
gourd artists and crafters, or something that
just popped into my head to try and do.

Working with gourds can be a long journey
if you want to grow your own. It can take a
year or longer from the time they are planted
until the time you can work on them. Then
there is plenty of preparation work to be
done before the creative work can start.

My website http://marthasgourds.com/ has
information on what it takes to work with
gourds as well as my crafted gourds and I
would like to invite you there to see for
yourself.


http://www.marthasgourds.com/
No mess, ready to craft gourds.
Choose your gourd from pictures listed.
We are an east coast supplier of
Welburn gourds.

The Team


Rose Enderud Jenny SJ Dr. Venerina Conti


No comments: